The full report and online seminar are linked in the Futurework section.
Below are the 10 skills identified - new media literacy is key to acquiring some of the other skills.
- Transdisciplinarity: literacy in and ability to understand concepts across multiple disciplines. More about transdisciplinarity.
- Virtual collaboration: ability to work productively, drive engagement, and demonstrate presence as a member of a virtual team. More about virtual collaboration.
- Sense-making: ability to determine the deeper meaning or significance of what is being expressed. More about sense-making.
- Social intelligence: ability to connect to others in a deep and direct way, to sense and stimulate reactions and desired interactions. More about social intelligence.
- Cross-cultural competency: ability to operate in different cultural settings. More about cross-cultural competency.
- Cognitive load management: ability to discriminate and filter information for importance, and to understand how to maximize cognitive functioning using a variety of tools and techniques. More about cognitive load management.
- Novel and adaptive thinking: proficiency at thinking and coming up with solutions and responses beyond that which is rote or rule-based. More about novel and adaptive thinking.
- Computational thinking: ability to translate vast amounts of data into abstract concepts and to understand data-based reasoning. More about computational thinking.
- New media literacy: ability to critically assess and develop content that uses new media forms, and to leverage these media for persuasive communication. More about new media literacy. More about new media literacy.
- Design mindset: ability to represent and develop tasks and work processes for desired outcomes. More about design mindset.
Your opinions + ideas are most welcome in the comment section.